This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Engineer to join our IT Operations – End User Computing team. They will primarily be responsible for the administration, maintenance and support of the SharePoint environment, and provide support for the wider IT estate.
The role demands a broad range of skills within the SharePoint discipline, including site & site collection creation and administration, workflows, backups and site security.
A demonstrable track record in the essential skills is necessary, along with experience of several of the desirable skills.
1. Provide technical support for users of SharePoint and wider IT environment, identifying and managing problems, incidents, service requests and changes.
2. Perform administration and maintenance of the SharePoint environment
3. Administration of servers within the SharePoint farm, including monitoring system performance, performing preventative maintenance, patching, system security and backups.
4. Work with vendors, IT staff and end users to troubleshoot problems with on-premises or cloud based, bespoke and off the shelf applications.
5. Attend technical meetings, design, plan and execute specialist technical tasks.
6. Support and monitoring of systems, including external digital services and internal IT systems.
7. Involvement in Service Transition duties for new or upgraded IT systems
Essential Technical skills and Experience:
1. In depth knowledge and experience of supporting, administering and maintaining a SharePoint environment, including 2010, 2013 and / or SharePoint Online instances.
2. Good practical knowledge of Windows Server operating systems and Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS).
3. Practical experience of Windows account administration (Active directory)
4. Broad knowledge and experience in internet technologies, web standards, browser compatibility, accessibility and usability issues.
5. Possesses a broad range of technical troubleshooting skills.
6. Able to work as part of a team to advise on and deliver technical solutions.
Desirable Technical Skills and Experience:
1. SharePoint migration
2. PowerShell scripting
3. Linux, Apache, Tomcat
4. System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM)
If you feel this role could be right for you then please send your CV to email@example.com for an immediate response and more information on the role/client.