My Local authority client is urgently looking to recruit a drainage and flood risk engineer to join there housing team.
The Drainage and Flood Risk Engineer is critical role within the Property Services Team with responsibilities including:
- The management of day to day drainage maintenance including surface water drainage issues.
- Respond to consultations from the Local Planning Authority (LPA) on minor planning applications with regard to flooding and surface water drainage.
- Designing and managing a diverse range of projects through from conception to completion, ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget and to the highest standards.
- Work collaboratively across the organisation to build and develop our resilience to climate change and flood risk.
- Engaging and consulting with a wide range of stakeholders from contractors, consultants, community groups and other government agencies on flooding and drainage matters.
Qualification / experience
- Knowledge of flood risk, sustainable drainage and ordinary watercourses.
- Knowledge of current best practice regarding sustainable urban drainage systems (SuDS), design and calculations.
- Experience of reviewing and influencing plans relating to drainage and improving flood risk by negotiating with developers and other external partners.
- Knowledge and skills in the use of AutoCad and Mirco Drainage software.
- Experience of assessment or design of engineering works affecting watercourses.
To hear more about the role contact firstname.lastname@example.org